Sunday, November 23, 2008

movies

Across the street from my apartment complex is a movie theatre where I saw a movie this afternoon for $5. This seems reasonable to me. It was a matinee showing, the regular showings cost $7. Of course, most of the movies out right now are shit anyways, but I went to go participate in an traditional social even with my sister and her boyfriend and her room mate. I love them and try to show up in my sister's life as much as possible. We we were waiting for her roommate to show up, we were discussing the prices of movie tickets at home.
9.74? 12.75? Something along those lines. Liz seemed to think it was cheaper, but David pointed out it had been a while since she had paid for a movie ticket. Touche. But it brought into striking light the fact that since the time we were all old enough to start going to the movies, prices have doubled, quadrupled it seems like. I'm sure grown ups feel like this about stuff all the time, but it was a weird feeling. I honestly can't morally justify going to the movies anywhere but my pet, cheap theater across the street. But even since I was a little kid, I couldn't bear to buy popcorn in the theatres. That's crazy expensive. Sneaking in candy will do just fine, thank you.
I defiantly shouldn't be having adult kind of thoughts.

No comments: