Sunday, September 14, 2008

hello

"It is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart." –Gandhi

My name is Abigail. But mostly I go by Abbie. Often times things make a lot more sense in my head than when I say them out loud. I am clumsy. There - three authentic truths for the day. I think it's important to pursue truth and honesty, just for the sake of it. Authenticity is beautiful, even in the smallest ways. In the everyday ways. So part of this blog is about looking for honesty and authenticity within myself and the world around me.
Also, there are people in the world who see the world or at least parts of it for what it is. Sometimes these people are genuinely trying to make it a better place, and largely going unnoticed. And while cynicism is energizing and satiating, it is important to notice the good in the world and the difference that it is making. And perhaps if the difference is so little that it goes beyond notice, it should be given voice. Those people with heart listen and learn and try to share pieces of themselves the best they can. This blog is mostly about giving them words, and perhaps discovering new honesty along the way.
I took the photograph shown above at a cafe in Durban, South Africa called Bean Bag Bohemia. The colors of the wall were brilliant.


1 comment:

lina said...

I am so completely happy that you are doing this.